Hey, all you necrofowliacs! Welcome to the latest “Dead Duck” episode, “ONE TOY SOLDIER RIDES AWAY”! Here’s your trivia fix for this installment:
- Mr. Biff is my parody of He-Man’s own feline steed, Battlecat. I just thought it would be funny if, instead of Big Man on Campus having a ferocious feline as his steed, he had a fat and lazy housecat. I took it further by having Mr. Biff communicating in some very Garfield-esque thought balloons. Hence, the reference to hating Mondays.
- When I first drew this page, I couldn’t decide on where I wanted to place Steve the Fish, so I had two versions of him drawn around Mr. Biff. I almost forgot to erase one of the versions before the book went to print.
- I knew the “standing at attention” line was cheesy and a little obvious, so I thought it might be a cute twist to have Man Without Pants mention that he had a back up quip ready to go.
- Maggot Mountain is a parody of Skeletor’s lair, Snake Mountain.
- I wanted to show that Big man on Campus’ boulder-pen did work on occasion. However, on this and the following page, you’ll start to feel some sympathy for Bone-Or, which is something I’m kind of proud of adding to this story.
See you on the next page!